[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: traveling with loose GSD's

  • From: GrnRam415@xxxxxxx
  • To: sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx, Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 14:03:07 EST

This is a really intersting thread.  I am totally guilty of having loose dogs
in my truck.  Yet, they are all crated in the RV.  The difference, I travel
much more locally in the truck than in the RV,  My fear is that if I overturn
the RV, my dogs will be safe.  Whenever I stop during travel, I always let one
or two run loose in the RV while I am shopping, eating or whatever.  But, back
in the crates as I am driving.  The same dogs are well behaved and love rides
in the truck.  They don't interfere with my driving and usually just lay down
and fall asleep til we get where we are going.  I have a camper shell with
crates in the back that I never used until we reach our destination.  I like
having the protection of my furkids.  Maybe they should be secured during
travel,
for safety,  but when stopped, they should have the run of the vehicle?
Gives you the best of both options, right?
Laura Thomas
http://www.treasureranchgsds.com/