[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: traveling raw

  • From: ORSuite@xxxxxxx
  • To: sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 18:18:00 EDT

In a message dated 7/23/2006 10:56:35 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx writes:
How do  you raw believers travel with your food?

Coolers and ice!  For trips that may be longer than 4 days, I  will buy new
meat.  But then what I use is available in grocery  stores.  I travel with meat
frozen, with the exception of that day's meal  which will be fed at some
point that day. The rest just thaws as we go.   The cooler I use will keep
foods
cold for 5 days.  I take out what I need  to thaw, per day.  Not a difficult
task.  I do go through and make  individual servings, though.  Much easier that
way.  I travel with raw  chicken quarters and ground turkey or beef.  In the
ground, I add the  supplements.  Sometimes I make meatballs.  Complete food and
for the  road, all this digests much easier than worrying about kibble.  I'm
not  against kibble, but it is not my staple for my dogs.

Chris K

"Do Right and  Fear No One" --from the Stephanitz Family  Crest