[ SHOWGSD-L ] tragic story.....

  • From: "pmick12" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 19:59:36 -0500

from another list...(note, this is not about me....)

On Friday last week a good friend of mine called  to discuss with me her
very sick bitch that she had just picked up at the airport. She had just
been in CA being bred. Her vet didn't know what was wrong and we were
throwing around ideas. Long story short, the bitch died. She ended up at our
university vet hospital with peritonitis caused by a punctured uterus. The
owner of the stud dog did a last minute unplanned AI. The owner of the stud
dog is a judge, breeder of 30+ years etc. It seems that many things went
wrong during the week. They had two very young litters on the ground, other
bitches coming in to be bred etc. I suspect that they got in a hurry and
this is the result.

Just a cautionary tale. Think about who you send your dogs to. Also, slow
down and take time with your animals and those of others. It is so easy to
make mistakes in our busy, rushed days.

shared by Peggy