[ SHOWGSD-L ] totdays walk

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 10:03:14 -0700 (PDT)

As you walk down the road now it has changed from the color of reddish cedar to
that of a golden path of leaves On either side there are 100 ft. tall trees
that form this golden hallway to Mother Natures yard. The sun has dropped very
low in the sky and rises at 8:30 AM. The sun isn't coming from above but leaks
through the trees and spotlights what ever it hits

An eagle sitting in a tree at eye level. What a treat . I take it as his total
acceptance of us, or maybe I am starting to look like lunch:0) We saw elk
tracks on the road the leads from the cabin as we circled up to what we call
High road and saw a bike leaning against a tree, It must be a bow hunter and
the elk has decided we are a safer bet. I also saw signs of a beaver working
the area for small trees. Lord I hope he doesn't find my apple trees!!!!  Up
closer to Monty park we saw 20 turkeys feeding on grasshoppers. I wonder where
they will spend winter. It is so strange to watch the dogs react to the
turkeys. They don't really know what to think of them. Turkeys aren't the
smartest thing God created. You can almost walk up to them. If the don't run
then the dogs don't chase them. I usually can make them fall back behind me on
a CLOSE command.

Terry in the woods

http://mail.yahoo.com