[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: too many titles ?

  • From: PamJB1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 19:25:38 EDT

I have an almost 9 year bitch with 36 titles to date. That includes three
UDs, weight pull, draft dog, temperament certs, working therapy dog, herding
titles, and others. She's the only dog I've ever had that timing, her
willingness, and just the fun of it worked out so that she could get these.
We're
working on tracking and even water dog now.
Although all of my dogs have had performance titles, when someone asks  about
Future and what she does..that's when it's worth all of the time, cost,  fun,
and occasional frustrations. That person or those people are amazed that  not
only can a dog do this, as most picture Labs or Goldens, but that it is a
German Shepherd. My goal has always been to showcase the versatility of the
breed.
If the titles seem like an ego trip, then fine..if they seem pointless  after
a few.. then as long as that is getting across to the general public that
this is a great breed and it has so much to offer, then I can live with that.

Pam and the pack.
UKC.,ACHX, UD, UWP, CH, PAM 'Future' UD,OA, NAJ, OAP, NJP, HT,  PT, RE,
CGC, TT, TDI, NAC, HCT, ASCA UD, TC, DD
UKC CDX  'Forever' CDX, RE, NAP, ASCA CD, CGC, HIC,TC, TDI

UKC CD AGII  'Terra' CD, HT, NA, NAJ, NJP, RE, HIC,ASCA CD, NAC
Gone to the Rainbow Bridge.

'Far' CD

In a message dated 7/16/2006 5:15:37 PM Mountain Standard Time,
Stormy435@xxxxxxx writes:

Actually, BRING ON the titles.   The more out there that  people can aim
towards with their dogs, the better.   We all  know (I think) that a CGC
doesn't
compare to a CD, while both are  great.   AOA??? fine.   I wish that it was
there
when  I had CH Moxie, CDX, CGC, HIC.

Actually, that what AKC did  with OTCH (I think it is what? UDX6, VCD1 & 2,
Rally?, isn't it? I  don't think it cheapens any achievement that the dogs
and
the owner have  attained at all.   Just something more within the reach for
which
to aim.

I think (My own opinion, please) that the  reason more people don't aim for
the 'health title" (cerf, thyroid, OFA,  heart, etc.), is because it is
transitory.   It means what it  means when the test is done, and those tests
are
expensive to not be there  for the life of the dog.

Stormy

Stormy
too  hot to reach anyplace today.