[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: to the newest members of the list

  • From: MarcatoGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 19:59:22 EDT

Why did you join this list...... Just found it.  Had to do with GSDs, thought
it would be a great place to learn some new stuff

  Have you joined a local regional club? No

  Have you joined the GSDCA? Yes

  If yes to either, why?  And if no to either, again why? Haven't joined a
regional club because, well, I'm too far from my regional club for me to do any
good for them and it to do any good for me.  I don't have money to spend on
dues when I can't even attend.
Joined the GSDCA for the Review honestly.  When I'm older, maybe I can give
something back, but there isn't much I can do for it now.

Do you new listers have a mentor?  Do you like your mentor?  Are they
teaching you anything and if so what?  I'd like to think I have a mentor in
Kathy
Tank.  She's been more than helpful.  I haven't actually MET her yet, but I'll
be
seeing her at the National, and she sure is a person one seems they'd want to
be around.  She's answered any and all of my questions, and, if she
didn't/doesn't know the answer, she gets back to me with an answer from
somebody who
does.

Tell us what you want from a national club, a local club, and from this list.
 I'd personally like a club that FEELS more inclusive (in terms of a national
club), and a club that perhaps puts a little more emphasis on working
ability.  For a local club...well...I'd just like a local club.  The GSD club
that
was where I lived ended up turning into an all breed club, because not enough
Shepherd people joined/were around....and to be honest, I've already found a
pleasant all breed club and don't plan on leaving it unless it dies for some
reason.

- Jackie

Marcato Shepherds
Where it's about function, not flash