[ SHOWGSD-L ] to debark or not.........

  • From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <culzeans1@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 17:15:29 -0400

The first thing to keep in mind is that you don't debark a dog for yourself
(usually).  You do it to keep your neighbors from complaining.
   It doesn't hurt the dog, in fact, the cords often grow back, in fact they
aren't usually severed, just nicked.
   In these days when AC people are very quick to react and even overreact
to complaints, it would seem it makes more sense to debark the dogs than it
is to lose them completely due to neighbors' complaints.
    And, you will find that it is sometimes difficult to find a vet who will
admit to doing the surgery...they, too, are afraid of the ARistas.
       Peggy