[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: to be put down

  • From: Karen C. <kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 16:55:33 -0500

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 13:28:16 EST, Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
wrote:=20

>We really have to be careful, dogs leashed or behind
>(good!) fence, dogs put up when repair people come etc.

Hey Kathy,

I hate to have to tell you this, but it doesn't matter. As
home owners, we are damned if we do and damned if we
don't! Let me tell you about something that happened to me
just last Spring.

It was a nice day in late June and I was planting up some
new flower pots up on my deck while the dogs played in our
yard. We have 6 foot high chain link fencing around our
entire backyard and our yard starts well back from the
front sidewalk and road.

Well, our neighbor had been having some work done on his
house by a young guy for the last couple of days, and on
this particular day, the worker guy's blonde DITZO
girlfriend apparently decided to pay him a visit. She must
have noticed the dogs and decided to take it upon herself
to come up onto MY property, all the way to the fence, to
see (and attempt to pet) my dogs. The 3 of them were NOT
amused and were all standing a few feet back from their
side of the fence, barking, growling and threatening this
a-hole to stay back or ELSE! I heard the commotion and
immediately went to see what was going on. I found myself
standing on my deck only about 8 feet away from and above
this idiot yelling at her to get off my property and leave
my dogs alone. She was doing her level best to totally
ignore me. I finally had to go down to the yard and out
the gate and physically order her from my property and
then I gave her and him both a good piece of my mind. She
was clearly trespassing on my private property without
permission and ignoring my attempts to make her go. But
that probably doesn't mean squat! Because if one of my
dogs had bitten her -- doG forbid -- I would have been
liable! And that would have been the end of that!!

It's up to us to protect ourselves and our dogs because
the laws are NOT on our side!! And people in society today
are just freakin' STOOPID!  :(

--
Karen C.
Email: kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx