[ SHOWGSD-L ] times are tough, or are they?

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2011 21:07:32 -0400 (EDT)

Up to today, I really think I had heard everything, but one should never
get that secure in the notion.

After years of pushing for the Topeka national (that started I think back
in 2005) and what a great site, after a board visit and vote to go
there.........at this late date I understand a couple of board members and
someone
running for the board(old news) have visited the site, decided they  don't
like the flooring and now want to have all of it ripped out and sod put  in.
 Understand this will cost somewhere between  $15,000-$20,000.
No wonder there was a post a few days ago that the board predicted (or some
 of them) that they would lose money on this national.    WTH are  these
people thinking?

And further to that, the flooring that is in Topeka is what Purina is
deciding to replace their flooring with....so, if it won't work in Topeka
folks,
 I guess it won't work at Purina either.

Heard also that the flooring in Topeka was not what was promised.  How  can
that be when they only have one floor there for shows?

Then to make that more interesting understand an exhibitor is concerned
that the floor harbors diseases.  Lord I heard the same thing about mold in
Beaumont after hurricane Ike....a wind storm (note...takes water for  that)
Same exhibitor I think on that one too.

Why is all of this coming up and being pushed as soon as our president is
out of the country?  Coincidence...doubt that.  And why less than a  month
from the national is the show chair being backed into a corner to change  the
whole venue?

If someone has an explanation, PLEASE I would love to hear  it!!!

Molly

Trillia  German Shepherds since 1972
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont, lifetime  member CKC
"Blessed are the cracked, for they let in the  light"