[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: thisa and thata (Last)

  • From: Peggygsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: MissMic9@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 07:38:53 EST

I hope this thread ends soon.  I believe in clapping for the dog you like,
although as a judge, I refrain from clapping for dogs.(.other than mine :-) of
course.) or your friends' dogs for good sportsmanship.  Sure the local dogs get
all the applause, but not always.  I also believe if clapping is going on,
clap for all of them.  I hate to see a round of applause for a dog, and the
next
dog, dead silence.  That is not right.
Clapping for dogs have no bearing on promoting newbies, in my opinion.
Georgia has a lot of dog shows, specialties and all breed.  The clubs work hard
for
majors and the judges are good.  If they don't like your dog, doesn't make
them a bad judge.  Just don't show to him/her again until you get the dog they
might like...maybe never.  Pulling dogs to break majors is just unsportsmanlike
conduct.  Don't do that.  I see where Jim Moses kept his finished dog in so
as not to break the major.  I have done that, too.  I see nothing wrong with
that.  I am sure he whispered to the judge the dog finished and wants to hold
the major.

I wish the Georgia clubs the best and not let a disgruntled person or two
upset the great job you guys are doing to help build majors for your club.

Peggy Lee