[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: thisa and thata

  • From: Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx
  • To: PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx, GSD0110@xxxxxxx, CMILL189@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 19:09:27 EST

IIn a message dated 11/29/2004 5:11:50 PM Central Standard Time,
GSD0110@xxxxxxx writes:
> Remember back to when you were new and think what it would have meant  to
> you
> for someone to take you under their wing.

I sure do remember those days......................we were all "newbies" at
one time, let's not forget that.

       Gary

 Passing it on...

  I remember  when Ruth Schriefer  of Von Schrief kennels became My Mentor in
1956. I  must have been  born under a Lucky Star!!
But it was all different then...Breeders became Mentors to all who bought
pups or older Shepherds from them.
It kinda went with the terriority and we all assumed the responsiblity of
passing on the education and willingness to share and help.that we had
received.

In fact, when I asked Ruth once what I could  ever do to pay her back for all
she had shared and given so generously to me..she just smiled and her blue
eyes looked right into mine and she said 'Just pass it On, Honey, Just pass it
On.'   I've tried. Barb williams