[ SHOWGSD-L ] thisa and thata

  • From: NHANSBURG@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 11:00:34 -0500

1. That question of temperament: what has changed is that back in the old days
we rarely excused dogs we either witheld a first place ribbon or put an animal
at the end of the line. once a judge puts it on record in the book " unable to
examine" three shots and you are out.that is with spooky dogs. now agression is
another thing and it is happening more and more. one of the dogs at the Tucson
shows was over aggressive. Its a sign of the times because we are at war.

2. along with bragging about winning a major in Tucson I have another brag
about Tiara(the holy terror). Our flight into Atlanta was delayed and we missed
the connecting Arizona flight. We were stuck in the Atlanta airport from 7:15
PM on Thurs to 8:45 AM on friday. We spent the night at the lost baggage office
and Tiara entertained the troops all night long. They fed her hamburgers and
every hour on the hour they gave me another 25 dollar award certificate for
Delta airlines. That was her paycheck. I met hundreds
 of people who had delayed flights lost bags and other unbelievable travel
problems. The conclusion. DO NOT CHANGE PLANES IN ATLANTA.or "fasten your seat
belts its going to be a bumpy ride"

3.About health. It is a special concern of mine. We finish dogs too young.Dogs
change as they age. Tiara took her first points at two right after we got back
our OFA certs. She took points at three at four at five and now at six. She had
a litter during her third year and I am planning to breed her again as soon as
she comes in season. I have watched dogs that have defeated her(she has 15
reserves) drop dead very early.Physical distortions often indicate health
problems. look carefully at their eyes. we do not look hard enough at their
eyes.

For technical or administrative help, please contact the List Management at
admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx