[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: thisa and thata

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: arelee_1020@xxxxxxxxxxx, NHANSBURG@xxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 14:43:12 EDT

In a message dated 9/16/2006 11:12:04 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
arelee_1020@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
If an  exhibitor continues to rack up  unneeded single points on their  GSD,
that is more of a problem in my opinion than taking all  majors.

JMOHO

Beryl Eshom

I agree with you Beryl.

As for dogs picking up more than 2 majors; the first two times my  first CH
received points, they were majors.  The custom was, more of a  handler custom
at the time I think, to then single and double point a dog that  had both
majors so that another client's dog could have shot at the shows that  filled
as
majors.  Sooooo...with my first CH, we sat out a lot of shows and  singled and
doubled.  I was green, what can I tell you?  It was an  expensive way to finish
a dog and I never have nor will I ever do it  again.  If a dog has its
majors, I'll enter where I think its a good  situation and let the chips fall
where
they may.

Now, if I needed a major and the show wasn't a major, would I pull?   You
'betcha.

As for sour grapes from owners of dogs that have been drug around to  kingdom
come and back (the aforementioned 20 major reserves??? 900 miles for a  show
weekend?  Not unless I really wanted to visit a particular area and  that
hasn't happened yet!), if there is ringside nonsense, I turn a deaf  ear.
Meanwhile, I'm thinking "get a better dog", "get a better handler"  and/or
"learn how
to pick a situation where your dog will be competitive"...I  guess maybe that
could be shortened to "get a clue", lol.

Kathy
member GSDCA, DVGSDC
three  generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions live here!

visit _Pine  Hill German Shepherd Dogs_