[ SHOWGSD-L ] thisa and thata

  • From: NHANSBURG@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 20:06:17 -0400

1.went to see World Trade Center today. How many of you have seen it?

2. This week we went to Ellis Island. We took the boat past the statue
of liberty and disembarked at Ellis Island where we spent two hours
locating the arrivals of family members. We were searched and they even
took my watch. the only thing lacking was the doctors exam to take us
back to the immigrant experience. after all all of our ancestors were
immigrants.We not only found moms family but discovered that one of her
mothers children died of german measles on ellis island. There was a
record of it. I also discovered that dads father lied about his age and
his occupation. Of course he was an adolescent. After the two hours
were up we sat in a group on the steps and took a family picture.

3. From there we sailed directly to down town New York and went to
Little Italy for a terrific meal at gennaros.

4. New york got a face lift. Gone is the West Side highway, there are
parks along the waterfront and West
Street is a lovely avenue. There are Sailboats on the Hudson. We passed
Ground Zero and it is all cleaned up. They ripped down all the old
buildings in upper manhattan for about twelve city blocks just north of
the Trump building. Someone is doing something right. Everyone i asked
credit it to Rudy.