[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: the weather

  • From: "Mary-Anne" <versatilegsds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jangsd@xxxxxxx>, <dan-ann@xxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 13:46:43 -0500

Janet wrote:
Almost every day last summer we sat outside and just enjoyed the evening.
That was in July and August.  Can't do that in Illinois.
I beg to differ...my husband and I have a firepit outside and we sit outside
with the dogs, roast marshmallows, sear some Salmon, drink copious amounts
of hot chocolate and burn some wieners quite regularly.  The neighbours come
over and join us and friends with their snowmachines drop by when they see
the towering flames (as has the fire dept on occasion).  We usually stay out
until about 11pm.  Best nights are full moon when it is so icy crisp that
the air is incredibly clear and the snow lays like diamonds in the
moonlight.  It's 2 degrees Fahrenheit here right now with wind chill of -22F
and the boys are out clearing the skating rink on the lake and my other half
is stacking the wood for the fire.  The sky is so blue and the snow is crisp
that you know that it's going to be a great evening.   The difference is
that it isn't wet snow or sleeting.  Our ski hills are packed today and the
malls are empty, in spite of the cold.  And my dogs REVEL in this weather -
Life can be good in the cold - it's all in your attitude.
Mary-Anne