[ SHOWGSD-L ] the "teddy bear" judge...

  • From: "Laurie Pruett" <pruett@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 13:55:18 -0400

>I watched him handling the dogs and the handlers and doing a quite
thorough
>job, making sure that everyone was looked at and included. The picture
that
>came to mind was a Halloween scene.... Here comes the big bad wolf -
but it
>is really a mask. Behind it is a teddy bear.
>Dave

He was very kind to my special and handler in the ring - even though we
got "cut" in the 3rd round due to my special's lack of enthusiasm for
running around in circles on that particular day (some days she thinks
it is fun - other days she thinks it's silly. )  The day of specials
judging - much to my chagrin - was a day she thought it was silly.

I understand that this judge was left to fend for himself (after Select
dog pictures were done) as far as finding the Victory Dinner.  He was
refused a ride by the last remaining GSDCA official at the show site and
had to walk in the windstorm after being on his feet all day on the
club's behalf.  He got lost, and had to return to the show site for
additional directions.  Whether you like Ed or not, or appreciate his
judging or not - there was no excuse for his having to walk, alone,  to
the Victory Dinner.  We can and should do better than that...

Laurie