[ SHOWGSD-L ] the new topic

  • From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 10:59:24 -0500

    Of course everyone wants both.  I thought I explained that you
couldn't choose both...you had to choose between type and sidegait  (it
appears that many have made that choice, which is why I asked the
question in the first place.)  Several people sent their responses to
the list, so it will be no surprise when I tell you that almost every
reply chose type over sidegait.
    If type is so important (you suspected there'd be a "comeuppance" to
that question, didn't you?) then will someone please tell me how come so
many people are breeding and showing long legged, shallow, weasely or
whippety dogs AND bitches...some so lacking in secondary sex
characteristics that you have to bend over to see what sex the dog is?
And how come these dogs and bitches WIN?
    Last year at a small show in the midWest, a handler brought me a dog
who was all legs.  He had super nice sidegait, and I put him at the end
of the line.  The handler was unhappy...and asked me if I hadn't seen
him going around (stupid question, btw).  I love a great sidegaiter as
much as anyone else...and if I have it there are some things I'll
forgive...but not long legs, shallow bodies, with tuckups equalling
those seen in the whippet ring.  And as someone wrote to me, and this is
a direct quote:

> Nothing worse than a flashy nice side gaiting dog that looks like a
> bitch in the head

Or vice versa.
    So come on, tell me...if everybody wants type first, where are these
other creatures coming from?
Peggy