[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: the national

  • From: foxhavengs@xxxxxxx
  • To: nhansburgh@xxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 16:52:37 +0000

Could not agree more Norma
 I do not think that Temperament has improved I think Drugs have improved have
a rule around here and its an AKC rule. Any dog that attempts to bite the judge
or another dog or a handler in the ring must be disqualified. Any exhibitor at
any show may report this to AKC and I have done so in the past. My own personal
rule is if a judge fails to do this they never get a nomination or an entry
from us.
Denise Fox
Foxhavengs
Home of GCH.Foxhaven Good Girl Gone Bad of Windfall (AKA Rihanna)

From:  <nhansburgh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: showgsd-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 15:39:33
To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] the national

back from four days in the sun . this is my second flight to Kansas. I made my
first flight in 1966 with best friend Marie Vulpi  her dad Tony husband Frank
son Frankie .and her select dog. It was the very first time i flew to a dog
show. I did not know anybody. I showed a puppy who was brought to the show by a
handler. This time I knew everybody. My dog had taken points in Topeka. I flew
in with my bitch who is minored out. Had a dozen handlers asking to show her.
Had dinner with Cappy and Gloria Frank and Kris and Lunch with Libby. Watched
Specials with Madge kling and we had the best seats in the house. Gave hugs to
Butchie loeb Joe Bihari Jack Newton and Fran Ford the most senior of our
citizens. WAs delighted to see Fred fnally get his just reward. He is one of
the great Breeders of all time. I am sure that Lang Skarda was looking down
from above. I had a very good time at THE FRANK FASANO NATIONAL. Ask fred about
The Fasano Salute. There were just two things that have b
 othered me. So thought I would mention them.
          I do not think that Temperament has improved I think Drugs have
improved.We have a rule around here and its an AKC rule. Any dog that attempts
to bite the judge or another dog or a handler in the ring must be disqualified.
Any exhibitor at any show may report this to AKC and I have done so in the
past. My own personal rule is if a judge fails to do this they never get a
nomination or an entry from us. I was sorry to lose two judges in KC who i have
always liked. there are more then 500 shepherd judges and plenty of them are
around to show under.
           The second thng is the senior veterans class. people have been
bringing old dogs on long trips which can be very stressful. How many senior
veteran winners have lived to make the THirteen club. Show them closer to home.

I would especially very personally like to congratulate Bill Tank for taking me
back to Annaheim  where he showed two litter mates for me a sable novice bitch
who made the thirteen club and a Black and red American Bred Dog who made the
final cut under fran ford. Bills charge for that show forty dollars a class
because it was just a local dog show for us. Thanks to everyone for all the fun
in the sun after weeks of rain.
--
norma hansburg
www.normahansburg.com