[ SHOWGSD-L ] the match brag that wasn't :( treasure coast/palm coast

  • From: jenn pekins <goodwitch132004@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: the list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 08:31:49 -0800 (PST)

i was all excited!  for weeks looking forward to going to today's puppy match
held by treasure coast gsdc.  i was taking my little calvin puppy "star"
woodside's bit of a witch, and my dallas puppy "cowboy" topbrass's you can
look- out to show them off...
  yesturday i bathed and groomed and loaded the truck.  set my alarm for 5am,
and went to bed early last night,  this morning i got up fluffed and buffed and
headed out...fun fun fun.  we traveled across the state and got on 95N.  i got
off at the first exit to potty and check my directions, because the exit # is
263 and my directions say exit # 62, i assume this is an old exit # or a
typo..."sure" the girl at burger king says, "palm coast is the next exit."
great i'll get there early.  then the guy behind me adds (after he tells me
he's a truck driver and runs 95 every day)  that although palm coast is the
next exit # 262-palm city is TWO AND A HALF TO THREE HOURS in the other
direction- south exit #62...
  have we all not done this before?   i called my husband, let the dogs out to
pee, knowing i would never make the match in time, loaded up and cried half way
home...i am so mad at myself.
  lesson # 1. i don't know everything  lesson #2.  i am not bothering the show
secratary to ask for clarity if unsure on where something is...this club lost
two entry fees cause i'm a dumba**...   who knew there was a palm coast, palm
harbor, palm bay, and a palm city.  whadda ya think this is?  florida??? thank
you for letting me vent. you can laugh now.
  i feel better.  i think i'll go play with my dogs.

jenn
fullmoon german shepherd dogs
*if i have to explain~you wouldn't understand*