[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: .. the little secret... unsound MOVEMENT

  • From: carolyn mckenna <carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tanksr@xxxxxxxxx" <tanksr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2013 09:10:18 -0700 (PDT)

Ken, that is exactly my point.   So many things to consider- so little time.  I
feel we
have a real problem with balance.  So many think it is matching angulation in
frn and rear...... NOT.,   perhaps we could have discussions on the list about
balance,  the effect of a correct neck, the use of the tail, etc., things many
people
don't even know to look at.
Carolyn

________________________________
 From: Ken Tank <tanksr@xxxxxxxxx>
To: carolyn mckenna <carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
"lindenhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx" <lindenhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>; "rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx"
<rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>; "campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx" <campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx>;
"myjoygs@xxxxxxx" <myjoygs@xxxxxxx>; "mustlovedogs61@xxxxxxxxx"
<mustlovedogs61@xxxxxxxxx>; "SHOWGSD-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <SHOWGSD-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 6, 2013 10:47 PM
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: .. the little secret... unsound MOVEMENT

I agree with Carolyn, but do we pay more attention to side gait than we
should? What about other equally or more important parts of the Standard?
Temperament, secondary sex characteristics, bone, coat, etc.
Ken

On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 9:32 AM, carolyn mckenna <carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Of course it is not simple, and everything you called attention to is of
> utmost importance.
> In this breed there is more to consider than in any other. That i the
> reason that in Europe
> a single class may take hours to judge.  AKC allows us two minutes per
> dog----cannot
> be adequately or responsibly done so we do the best we can often with
> judges who
> are not capable of seeing all the nuances so important.  We have far  more
> "specialty" judges
> than any other breed and it takes more than a few years in the breed and a
> few dogs that
> have attained championships for a person to truly know this breed.  A
> person who is to
> judge GSs well must spend years watching and learning and listening to
> real experts.
> Along with number of steps to get from A to B, I find that most people
> don't know that
> how far the foot "reaches" has nothing to do with what is truly important
> :  where that
> foot touches the ground.  The rear must be so powerful to propel the body
> forward  so
> that the front comes in contact with the ground efficiently, not just
> waving in the air.
> Carolyn

is Copyrighted 2012.  All material remains the property of the original author
Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.