[ SHOWGSD-L ] the list's next move re hunte

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: the list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 09:58:15 -0800 (PST)

I agree that it is time for letters to the board.  It no longer matter who
voted how.  They need to hear from each one of us who are gsdca members.  But
first we need to be united in our message.

  I like what Evan started with, he used the word "promote", I think that is a
key word here.  Handlers who buy and sell do not promote commercial buying and
selling of dogs.  They are safe, the biggest concern.  And the breeders of
greater quantity are safe too, as they do not promote reselling of their dogs
either.  And those who at one time or another worked in pet stores, which was
the beginning of their love for dogs and our breed would also be safe.

  But I think it needs more.  The board need to be certain that they can remove
from the roster those who become damaging to the breed in as big a way has
Hunte seems to be. What do you think?

  Once we have a unified message, we can present it to the entire board, from
each one of us, with our member numbers on our letters.  I think email is just
fine here as long as we stand together.

  Then one of the board members who voted no can tell us how many letters are
received, this will be important.

  Additionally we should encourage members who are not on this list to send the
same letters.

  When the words are repeated over and over and the numbers reach a majority of
the members, then we will be able to elicit the changes we need.

  So, our next move needs to be to clarify the message we want to send.
  sheila