[ SHOWGSD-L ] the fight for Chicago.....

  • From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 20:39:29 -0400

From: Margo Milde [mailto:mrm1206@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, August 16, 2008 10:38 PM
To: mrm1206@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Needed: Clubs' opposition to Chicago MSN

FORWARDING PERMITTED AND ENCOURAGED

LET'S GET THE WORD OUT!!!

We are currently putting together a list of all training and kennel clubs
and rescue groups which are in formal opposition to the proposed Chicago
Mandatory Spay/Neuter ordinance, along with the key contact person for each
club.

These groups do not have to be Chicago based, but can be any club or
organization in the United States, or even in the world, for that matter.
Actually, having national and even international attention placed on the
Chicago situation would give our Chicago aldermen/women even more cause for
concern about the negative effects that Mandatory Spay/Neuter legislation,
if enacted into law, might have on Chicago's "pet friendly" tourism image.

At this time, we do not need formal letters of opposition, just the names of
such groups/clubs opposed, and a contact person and their email whom we
could contact should we need such a letter in the future.

Please consider asking your clubs if they'd be willing to take a stand on
this issue, and agree to oppose the Chicago Mandatory Spay/Neuter ordinance,
in its current version, and any possible re-writings of this ordinance in
which Mandatory Spay/Neuter would be mentioned or implied in some form.
Usually, it is the Board of Directors of a club that have this authority,
and the Legislative Liaison (if appointed) or an Officer who would act as
the contact.

To date, we have the following groups formally on record stating that they
oppose the Chicago Mandatory Spay/Neuter ordinance:

American College of Theriogenologists

American Sporting Dog Alliance

Chicago Veterinary Medical Association

Illinois State Veterinary Medical Association

National Animal Interest Alliance

Agility Ability Club of Illinois

Alabama Canine Coalition, Inc.

American Bouvier Rescue League

American Miniature Schnauzer Club

Barbary Coast bull Terrier Club

Basenji Club of America

Basenji Club of Southeastern Wisconsin, Inc., The

BC Dog Training Club

Bull Terrier Club of America

California Federation of Dog Clubs

California Handlers' Advanced Obedience School

Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club of Greater Chicago

Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club, USA, Inc., The

Chicago Miniature Schnauzer Club

Chicago Miniature Schnauzer Club Rescue

Chicago/Suburban Cairn Terrier Club

Chicagoland Bichon Frise Club, Inc.

Chinese Shar Pei Club of America

Collie Rescue of Greater IL

Eugene Kennel Club, The

Fanciers Cocker Spaniel Club of So. Wisconsin

Flat-coated Retriever Club of Illinois

For Your Canine Sports Club

Fox Terrier Club of Chicago

Fox Valley Dog Training Club, Inc

German Shepherd Dog Club of West Ky

German Shepherd Dog Club of Austin

Giant Schnauzer Club of America

Great Lakes Leonberger Club

Great Lakes All Terrier Association

Great Lakes Toy Club

Harmony House for Cats

Heart of America Samoyed Club

Illini German Shepherd Dog Club, Inc.

Illinois Cocker Rescue

Illinois Doberman Rescue Plus

International Kennel Club (IKC)

Indian Creek Schutzhund Club

Irish Setter Club of Southern California

Irish Terrier Club of Chicago

Kerry Blue Terrier Club of Chicago

Little Fort Kennel Club

Medallion Rottweiler Club

Metropolitan Baltimore Doberman Pinscher Club

Midwest Akita Rescue Society

Moraine Tracking Club

National Pitbull Terrier Association

Norfolk and Norwich Terrier Club

Northern IL Samoyed Assistance, Inc

North Shore Dog Training Club

Oregon Trail Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club, Inc., The

Pomeranian Club of Michigan, Inc

Pyles of Smiles Samoyed Rescue, Inc.

Rand Park Dog Training Club

Responsible Dog Owners of the Western States

Rip Curl Weight Pullers

Samoyed Club of America

San Diego Dog Fanciers

Santa Maria/San Luis Bay GSD

SAOVA

Scottish Terrier Club of Chicago

Shoreline German Shepherd Club

Siberian Husky Club of Greater Chicago

Soft Coated Wheaten Terrrier Club of America, The

Southern California Alaskan Malamute Club

Southern California Den Dogs

Southern California Dog Obedience Council

Staffordshire Bull Terrier Club of America

Turbo Kees Foundation, Keeshond Rescue

Turkish Angora Fanciers, International

United National Weight Pull Association

Wisconsin English Springer Spaniel Association

  If you belong to a club in the area and it isn't listed here, why not?