[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: the dinner

  • From: GreyPines@xxxxxxx
  • To: inflight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, TISHW@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 14:57:13 EST

Tish:
I find your below comments to be most uninformed.
I send 3 to 4 large cases of detail statements and support papers to Rhea  &
Ivy each year for the annual audit. I send them Excel Spread sheets each
month with detail entries for every receipt and disbursement.
Each month's financials records are packaged in a 3" note book with bank
statements, paid invoices and detail transaction cover sheets. Journal entries
are also included to take items from prepayment to revenue or  expense. R&I
also receives detail records on all credit card  transactions as part of the
deposit support information plus a summary from  the credit card company is
included.
As you are well aware the Bank statement is on line with Bank of America  for
checks and deposits.
I send Rhea & Ivy the complete check book for audit of the  few handwritten
checks. I also send deposit receipts for all checks deposited  and I make
copies of most checks I deposit.
Gail H and Gail S and yourself make a significant amount of the deposits at
Bank of America Branches in your areas, so those actual monies never are in my
 hands other than as part of our overall bank account. Another point of audit
 control.
R&I receives the monthly bank statements for Sterling Bank, Morgan  Stanley,
Penn National Bank and Bank of America.
They receive the inventory counts from Gary, Ellie, Pam and the GSDCA  store.
I find it disingenuous to have been a board member and accepted Rhea  & Ivy's
audit statement that all is OK, all these times, and then question  good
business practice to the list rather than question it to Rhea & Ivy or  to the
Board or directly to me.
You were at the Board meeting in Jan05 where I presented the Quick Books  Pro
proposal.
There was nothing stated by me that R&I would not receive the same  detail
they currently receive (that I set forth above). One think that they  would no
longer do is post the detail of all of the above as it would already be  in an
accounting system. You will also recall that I mentioned that R&I has  a
practice group that has in-depth expertise in Quick Books Pro as it is the
leading
small business accounting software in the US.
Respectfully,
Bill
_Bill Pfeiffer, GSDCA  Treasurer & I-Net Committee Chair (919-781-4955)_
(http://www.gsdca.org/Noframes/officers.html)

In a message dated 2/14/2005 11:23:41 AM Eastern Standard Time,
inflight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Wow,  Tish, I really didn't think this would go in this direction.  I  know
that for our non-profit trade association, the accounts are  reviewed
periodically and certified.  Additionally, bank statements  and quarterly tax
forms are be submitted at the time of the accountant's  review, which
verifies what's going in and what's going out and what taxes  have been
reported.

Besides that - with the qualifications that  our treasurer must have and
further, the over and above credentials that  our current treasurer has, I
would just have to say of all the things that  go on in this club, that this
one is certainly not something I would be  worried about.

But then what do I  know.

Kathaleen  Strong - Inflight Kennels Reg'd - Breeders of:

1995 US GV, AOE-1996 US  GVx, Jubilee ROM

Check out my website edits - New  Flash!

http://inflight.cnc.net

_____