[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: the board

  • From: "Chris S. Kimerer" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "tanbarkgsd@yahoo" for DMARC)
  • To: Showgsd-l GSDList <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 20:53:13 +0000 (UTC)

I read Norma's post differently.  I read that there were GSDCA members that
served in their capacity for a very long time and did it well.  I do believe in
"new blood" and new ideas etc. but there is value to continuity as well.  That
does NOT mean everything has to be done the way it was done 20,10 or even 5
years ago, but when implementing changes, some just can't be done overnight
without having some serious consequences.   I've attended multiple board
meetings over the last 5 years now, and most of the stuff is boring and even
mundane.  The "hot" topics is of course what get's everyone's attention and
discussion.  A lot is packed into those 2 1/2 - 3 days and as with all
"businesses" the financial bottom line is what drives some of the final
decisions made. I do agree that communication is a problem, I wish that
constant contact was used more effectively and efficiently in getting
information to the membership.  The member wall on the PC website does have a
lot of information now that we used to never be privy to, so that is certainly
a step in the right direction.   Chris Chris S. KimererHillside-Tanbark
Kennels"where good bloodlines never die"