[ SHOWGSD-L ] the arizona centennial

  • From: <nhansburgh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 23:36:20 -0400

When JR called me and asked me to come to Arizona in April I had no idea what a
wonderful trip that was going to be. The flight was in a 737 which was
comfortable all the way there and I slept all the way home. The weather was
wonderful which I expected. It did rain early saturday morning but it was dry
by ten for the judging. The grounds were lovely except for the one sprinkler in
the ring which they covered with a cone. The motel was reasonable with free
Real breakfasts with everything. The club fed us all weekend long in the
hospitality room. They had a special cake for Arizona s one hundreth year as a
state.Met some really great new people. Fridays judge has great hands but we
had to pull because it was not a major. I did my new job. I had the catalogue
and judges books checked for mistakes in advance of the judging. Rita arrived
friday afternoon and so did Sue Godek who flew in from China. The obedience
rings were right outside my r oom and the breed rings were right outside JRs
room. Everybody watched everything even the puppy match after saturdays show.
Rick Hasse ( i call him Arizona) judged the match. Met the latest eleven year
old handler Summer an d her mom and brother. Harvey did us proud on Saturday
The Anniversary Day by putting on a show under Rita winning the open bitch
class and going reserve to Yadda. The major held in both sexes Dogs went to
Bill Tank  Bitches to Nancy Godek. When you go to Arizona you find out WHATS
FUNKIN. The party that night was great. Sunday the major dropped in bitches but
The bitch went over the dog for the major. We sat around outside after dinner
and schmooozed. Debby Nancy Cheryl Twyla Zak JR and company. It was very
relaxing.
--
norma hansburg
www.normahansburg.com