[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: the New Jersey bill...

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: grnram415@xxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 11:48:12 -0700 (PDT)

Laura, you are right, it is a violation of our rights.  But that will not stop
such bills from being passed.  It will however, unless martial law is declared,
allow all these stupid bills to be struck down with enough money for the
constitional lawyers to fight all these foolish useless and unenforcable bills.

  Evan said a week or so ago that he is ready to fight the CA bill.

  Who will fight for NJ?

  Stopping these bills is hard, striking them down will be easy, if there is
money to pay for it.
  sheila
grnram415@xxxxxxx wrote:
  ANYONE can avoid having a search warrant if they "believe" that the
premises are the scene of possible animal cruelty--maybe if you don't
even own a pet, they could "believe" that you have debarked animals in
cruel conditions and be exempt from prosecution for slander and libel.

Peggy,

That statement just doesn't make sense.? Do you mean that?AC can get a search
warrant based only on a belief?? That would most definitely violate our 4th
amendment rights.? There must be some evidence or proof to obtain a search
warrant.? I have written/obtained many search warrants?and it's not as easy as
one would think.? A complaint is not enough.? There then needs to be an
investigation and something that shows that initial complaint has some
merit.??Unless?there are extenuating circumstances, Judge's are not so quick to
dole out search warrants.? And believe me, they will need one to come on my
property.??

The NJ Bill has many problems and errors but main focus seems to be NO
definition of what constitutes real animal abuse and how it relates to the
normal show/pet dog owners.? Like AB1634, it is too vague and doesn't address
the real issues.

Laura Thomas???

Get the free Yahoo! toolbar and rest assured with the added security of spyware
protection.