[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: the New Jersey bill...

  • From: grnram415@xxxxxxx
  • To: pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 14:38:45 -0400

ANYONE can avoid having a search warrant if they "believe" that the
premises are the scene of possible animal cruelty--maybe if you don't
even own a pet, they could "believe" that you have debarked animals in
cruel conditions and be exempt from prosecution for slander and libel.

Peggy,

That statement just doesn't make sense.? Do you mean that?AC can get a search
warrant based only on a belief?? That would most definitely violate our 4th
amendment rights.? There must be some evidence or proof to obtain a search
warrant.? I have written/obtained many search warrants?and it's not as easy as
one would think.? A complaint is not enough.? There then needs to be an
investigation and something that shows that initial complaint has some
merit.??Unless?there are extenuating circumstances, Judge's are not so quick to
dole out search warrants.? And believe me, they will need one to come on my
property.??

The NJ Bill has many problems and errors but main focus seems to be NO
definition of what constitutes real animal abuse and how it relates to the
normal show/pet dog owners.? Like AB1634, it is too vague and doesn't address
the real issues.

Laura Thomas???

AOL at AOL.com.