[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: the AKC on PAWS...news

  • From: Stephen Reierstad <wmj1944@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pmick@xxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 17:21:00 -0700 (PDT)

Who do these clowns think they're kidding?  Do they think we're
idiots???

Steve

just got this -  (and pigs can fly, too)
shared by Peggy

>To: "delegates" <delegates@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Important Message Regarding PAWS from AKC Chairman Ron
Menaker
>Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 19:29:30 +0000
>

>Please see the attached letter regarding PAWS from AKC Chairman Ron
Menaker.

>  October 19, 2005
>Dear Delegate,
>Yesterday I, along with Steve Gladstone and Jim Holt, met with
Senator
>Rick Santorum (R-PA)and Rep. Jim Gerlach (R-PA), sponsors of the
PAWS legislation in the US
>Senate and House of Representatives. We also met briefly with
Senator Richard Durbin, lead
>Senate co-sponsor of PAWS, and then had a more lengthy discussion
with Senator Durbin's
>Legislative Assistant.
>All three legislators were very open to the AKC's efforts to suggest
modifications to PAWS.
We will work closely with their offices over the coming days and
weeks to develop amendments to
PAWS language that will clarify the legislation and more clearly
target those who it was
>intended to cover without putting burdens and obligations on
responsible breeders who
maintain
>high standards for the care and conditions of their dogs, and on
shelter and rescue
organizations.
>We were extremely pleased that all three legislators said they are
very willing to work with
us and are delighted we are part of the legislative process.
>In addition, Senator Santorum confirmed that the Senate Subcommittee
on Research, Nutrition
and General Legislation will conduct a hearing on PAWS, very likely
in early to mid-November.
>An announcement from the Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition
and Forestry on the
details of that hearing is expected shortly and I will certainly
share them with you then.
>Sincerely,
>Ronald H. Menaker

Visit Two Feathers German Shepherds online at http://www.wmj1944.com
Website updated 7/7/2005.
"If you invite the Wolf to Dinner, then don't get mad when he eats something."
- Unknown