[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: terraf@xxxxxxxxxxxx has shared: Dog Auctions

  • From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "<showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> gsd" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 07:52:28 -0800

On Dec 12, 2010, at 7:48 AM, Stormy Hope wrote:

I would like to think that would be preaching to the choir, Morgan....
but sometimes....

The need to educate is out there in suburbia, where they think meat is
somehow magically produced in the back of the store... packaged for
sale.   And milk comes from those nice cows in that big green field,
already bottled.

Educate those people who have no idea what it's like to run a well
cared-for kennel, who think that anybody who breeds, breeds unhealthy,
genetically malformed pups in dirty filthy cages, but somehow, when
those pups end up in a pound are miraculously healthy, socialized and
ready for their adoptive home.

The public needs to know that HSUS spends less than 1/2 of 1% on
direct animal care and over 55% of the donations go to their salaries
and their retirement funds, a high percentage (perhaps 40%) of the
donations is plowed back into more fundraising, and more than half of
THAT goes back into the fundraisers' pocket... many of which are tied
back to HSUS.

www.humanewatch.org

Stormy

On Dec 12, 2010, at 7:33 AM, MORGAN LEWIS wrote:

Wonder if we could do it on the LIST

Morgan  Lewis, RPh.
Member GSDCA
Board Member Canine Pet  Rescue