[ SHOWGSD-L ] taking dogs back and doing what is best for the dog

  • From: CLOVERLEIFE@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 07:24:35 -0500 (EST)

i also have taken dogs back...one was where their daughter was allergic to
dogs and the daughter was crying horribly that it was a difficult
situation....i  still have that dog and wouldn't regret my decision....i also
had a
young dog  that i had purchased and was assured that the mother of the pup
was from OFA  stock and the sire was OFA but at the age of 4 months, the pup
was laying down  when at that age, he should be running and playing...when we
Xrayed the pup, he  had NO hip sockets....the breeder did the responsible
thing and took the  dog back and replaced the pup with another gorgeous one
that i finished ....as  breeders, we bring these dogs into this world and
have a responsibility to stand  behind our breeding when things go
wrong....when i bred i made sure all my dogs  were OFA and tried to research
the
bloodlines to the best of my ability....some  breeders wont take dogs back, i
have
and so have others....due to health  reasons, i no longer breed but i will
always miss that puppy breath and will  always have a German Shepherd Dog in
my life....i still have 8 of my show dogs  that if i ever lose them as they
get older, their loss would be  unbearable....natalie
CLOVERLEIFE HILL KENNELS (Natalie and Jerry Stewart)

CH  Cloverleife's Firecracker - CH Cloverleife's Dimples
CH Cloverleife's Bit O'  Honey - CH Cloverleife's Cappuccino
CH Carmil's Amadeus v  Windywood