[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: tail hair eating: Tippit

  • From: "Penny & Bill" <Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "The List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 19:18:26 -0500

We had a beautiful black and tan champion male, CH Dolmar's Montego, OFA. aka
"Tippit", who would look at and chase his tail (and chew off the hair.)  He had
been mostly a kennel dog when we got him and I thought the tail chasing was
boredom.  We brought him in the house and he still did it.  Years later, we
found out that his sister did it too, so I now believe it was genetic.  We put
Bitter Apple on his tail to make it taste awful--he still looked at it and spun
around.  Tippit was a cool dog!
Penny