[ SHOWGSD-L ] tail chewing

  • From: "Susan Tomlinson" <arcturus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 21:56:19 -0500

 I need some advice. One of my dogs injured her tail about halfway down. The
injury has healed, but she wants to lick and chew the whole way to the end.
She's got a royal mess now. We've tried the Elizabethan collars but she digs
and scratches at it until she's got it off. Then we tried wrapping a towel
around her neck and duck taping it. That would work if the injury was at the
base of her tail, but she can still reach the end. HELP!!  SueT