[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: tail chasing puppy

  • From: Amy Greenhut <genoaktortoise@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 14:53:52 +0000 (UTC)

It can be that the puppy is bored, could be genetic, could be a neurological
problem in the puppy's head. I had a dog that did that and it drove me nuts.
She would make her tail wag at the end and then attack it and bite it until it
would bleed. it did not matter what I put on it...she would not stop. I am
obviously not going to mention the bloodlines but it was said that there was a
genetic problem for dogs chasing and biting their tails in it. Also....this was
back in the 90's. I spayed her and gave her away. I will not keep a dog that
does this. I really do not know what to suggest except let someone else deal
with it.
Amy Greenhut
Justrock German Shepherds
Gen Oak Leopard Tortoises &  Tortoise Rescue
Behold The Turtle,  He Makes Progress Only When He Sticks His Neck Out
A Quote By James B. Conant