[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: tail chasing puppy

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: SlvrCrkGSD@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 00:21:37 EST

In a message dated 11/14/2009 11:14:36 P.M. Central Standard Time,
slvrcrkgsd@xxxxxxx writes:
I  saw a puppy buyer today, whose 15 week old puppy is chasing his tail
"all the time".  She said that he catches it with his teeth and  yelps
(because he bites it), and then continues chasing it.  I have  had an adult
that
would chase his tail when anal sacks were full, but  not sure why a puppy
would be doing this.  He has been seen by  their vet.

Perhaps he does not have enough to do.....bored pups come up  with their
own games.  Does he spend a lot of time crated or in a  small kennel?   Tail
chasing is generally an anxiety issue of  some sort.  We used to call it
kennel syndrome, which in turn  translates into boredom.

Molly

Trillia German Shepherds  since 1972 ph 409-287-3940
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont  (recording secretary), Life member
CKC
"We find comfort among those who  agree with us - growth among those who
don't".
..Frank A  Clark