[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: swimming pool drinker

  • From: TRennie100@xxxxxxx
  • To: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 10:24:50 EDT

All of my dogs have been drinking water out of my pool for years.  I too have
fresh water buckets right next to the pool and in each yard and in  the
house. When it is 120 degrees here, they swim and drink at the same time to
cool
off. They make a mad dash for the pool each morning when I let them out.  All
6, including old Mindy, take off and run for the pool to drink and play.

I have no grandkids so watching them play is the next best thing.

I just keep lower levels of chlorine in the pool. It does not seem to  affect
their coats either. I also have 2 large fans on my covered patio so that
they can lay in front of them once they take a dip and it helps them to stay
cool..The flies stay off too...

Works for me and never had a problem. Just lower your levels of chemicals.
My pool is definitely NOT pristine any more but as long as the dogs are happy
and cool, I do not mind.

I have to drain the pool in the winter as they still love to get in it and
swim at 50 degrees, then run  by me and shake off.. GRRRRR...

Gotta love dogs!

Have a cool day

Teona

fuel-efficient used cars.