[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: suspension in other breeds....

  • From: "Peggy M" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jessica MacMillan" <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 09:48:34 -0400

You're right, of course....because a trot, by definition, has a period of
suspension.  That period comes between the two beats of the trot!
You'd be surprised how many people in dogs don't understand that!!!   About 20
years ago I
tried explaining that to some people in another breed, and some of them don't
speak to me to this very day!!!  They still believe that in order for there to
be suspension, a dog has to have long legs!
      Peggy