[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: surgical implant

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: EHomesG@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 12:25:35 EST

In a message dated 1/10/2006 11:46:34 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
EHomesG@xxxxxxx writes:
I had a  bitch surgically implanted by my vet because the stud could not get

it done.  The vet said the likelyhood of success is only about 50%  and I
should bring them back for an AI in a couple of days.   Any input or  advice?

I have a lot of questions, in no particular order;  Did the bitch have  any
rings (strictures) that prevented the stud dog from achieving an inside tie,
and if yes, what weren't they discovered/taken care of pre-breeding?    If not,
what exactly prevented the stud dog from being successful?    Are you SURE
the timing was right?  re the surgical implant; if both the  stud dog and the
bitch were in the same location, why not just AI her in the  first place
instead
of risking anesthesia?  Finally, no, surgical  implants, IF timed correctly
are extremely successful, (the sperm is tested  right there, often extenders
added, if you have everything timed right, you  should be at 100%), and again
IF
your timing was right, why AI her "in a couple"  of days?????  For what????
Besides, if I was going to do anything,  I'd do trans-cervical AI, which
requires no anesthesia.

Kathy
three generations of Dual Titled Champions  live here!

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_