[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: suggestions

  • From: "Paula Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 20:40:47 GMT

I don't understand your statement that you don't want to cause any =

problems for this breeder.  Looks to me like the breeder has caused =

his/her own problems.  =

File a complaint with AKC, and if this wonderful breeder/handler is a =

member of the GSDCA, file a complaint with them, also.  I believe =

that it is against AKC rules to represent a dog to be AKC when it =

isn't; if you have no papers, your dog is NOT AKC!!  =

Breeder/handlers don't deserve better treatment than buyers; in fact, =

they should be held to an even higher standard!!  This so-called top =

GSD breeder/handler is abusing you. =

Paula, 92 days and counting

From: "Threese Clark" <chcohosh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: suggestions
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 11:17:43 -0400

Hi all
I am looking for suggestions on how to resolve a very bad situation.

If anyone has had a similar situation I would like to know how you =

handled it. If you haven't had the problem what would you do if you =

did.

I have a show bitch that I brought home 16 months ago (she was about =

four months old at the time) and she was a replacement for a bitch I =

had purchased five years ago that could not be shown. I still have no =

papers on this girl. I have e-mailed and called constantly asking for =

papers or for information on the status of this litter. AKC tells me =

that they have never received a request for a litter registration for =

this breeding. This bitch is from a top GSD breeder/handler. I have =

been given every excuse you could possibly think of as to why there =

still are no papers and I have been promised numerous times that the =

matter would be taken care of soon.

Soon now has extended to 16 months and not only can I not show this =

girl in conformation, I can not even put her in a performance ring or =

get a simple CGC on her. I am essentially a boarding kennel. =

Before anyone jumps all over the boarding kennel remark, be aware =

that I love this girl and she is a member of my family. However I do =

more with all my fur kids than just give them a place to rest their =

paws and her potential is being sadly wasted at this time because of =

her lack of registration papers.

I don't want to cause problems for the breeder/handler I just want the
papers. However it appears that I will not get any closure on this =

unless I go further.

Suggestions anyone?????

Threese - Limited Edition Shepherds (VA)

http://members.aol.com/gsdgodiva/LTDGS.html