[ SHOWGSD-L ] streaming video

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "SoilentGrn@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 21:52:00 -0400

If anyone watched the USA show earlier this year, for free , open to
everyone,  there is  cheaper way to do this.  Not fancy but a  streaming.  I
noted it was streamed by USTREAM and  they had four or  five advertisers. I can
guarantee USA could not lay out 10 grand for a  free to everyone streaming.
Looks like it took someone with a camera  capable of streaming and was
relatively stationary.  Was no commentary but  still fun to watch.  I liked
what
they did and if you want more detail, buy  the dvd.
Not sure why we have to have all or nothing in our club.
Lissa

From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender  "ELG440@xxxxxxx"
for DMARC)
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 18:14:34  -0400
Subject:  streaming Video

In a message dated 9/4/2014  9:14:56 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx  writes:

Since we  will NOT have this for next month's National can  the powers that
be
tell me  what the cost would be to break even is  ....so we can get it back
fornext  year? Perhaps people can subscribe  for the streaming video  BEFORE
theNational and if not enough folks  subscribe we can cancel it and  refund
thepurchase. I bought the video  every year even though I went to  the
National. Will miss the National  again this year so without the video  I'll
just have to read about it  through Evan's eyes

I was asked to raise $10,000 to have the  streaming video. I started to
raise the money, and then was told we  weren't doing it. So, I stopped.
Then I
was told the board was voting  on it, and decided not to do it, even if I
raised  the money.

I  would be willing to do it, if asked.  I don't volunteer for anything
any
more.

I am begging for the Junior's Fund now, and not getting  much response. The

economy is rough but I know I can get the money for  the video, but not if
the  Club does not want  it.

Evan

http://showgsd.org/mail.html