[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: streaming video

  • From: Jessica MacMillan <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 12:40:29 -0500

I never, ever meant for this to be a bashing of Susan. I KNOW how much work
magazines are (and I do it on a VOLUNTEER basis). What I was doing, was putting
out a suggestion on how our membership dues could be utilized better.

My suggestions on changing the Review were because of the fact that like the
Review and the Website, the Streaming video is a part of the media world. If
you make the Review an every other month magazine, you have time to build
advertising, work on articles and maybe find some more corporate advertisers
for it. What ever money is leftover in the changes can go to the streaming
video.

I know VERY, VERY few people who work on breed club magazines that get paid and
I know of very few monthly publications that come from the Parent Club. I know
the GSDCA is about tradition, but sometimes tradition breaks the bank and it is
time to re-evaluate things.

Lets see - streaming video where people can be engaged in the National and
watch dogs and be happy (like all of us last year) or a magazine that I quickly
flip through and look at the four ads and then put on the bookshelf....

Jessica MacMillan
No Frills Dog Bathing Service & Design
Paisley Dals (www.paisleydals.com)
& The Shepherd Girls (Simmie, CGC, TDI, TC, HIC & Pepper, HIC)
Member of: DCA, GSDCA & GTCDC