[ SHOWGSD-L ] strange treats

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 11:46:55 -0700

> I had a  few who loved screwdrivers
>
> Phillips or regular?  I guess it would only be dogs who were  mechanically
> minded.
> Evan

Reminded me of my old Khi.....
Smartest dog I have ever seen....
He'd open doors, knobs, sliders, opening in, out or sideways. Latches were a
breeze for him and he even learned how to short out the electric fence so he
could go over.

He loved for me to work outside with him. He'd bring me tools - all kinds,
so I had to at least pretend to need that one and use it, although
occasionally he did bring the right tool. One day I was hanging drywall and
noticed that Khi had a funny look, then I saw a nail drop out of his mouth.
I put my hand in front of his mouth and he dropped a whole hand full of
drywall nails in it. Must have hurt like crazy, but he had to help.

Darn I wish I could get help like that now days.
Dave