[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: strange treats

  • From: Sheila Lieberman <sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arelee_1020@xxxxxxxxxxx, thelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 11:32:52 -0700 (PDT)

Most of my dogs have been picky eaters.  I have had to train my dogs to eat on
command to make them eat enough to look decent.  After maturity they do eat
better.

  Dexter was a poor eater till the Rottie died.  Then he started eating
everything in sight.  Liddy eats enough, but not more.  And she is picky about
treats.  Bucko is proving to be a chow hound, he will eat most anything he can
find.  Sissy, well, she earns her name most days.  But I love her anyway.
  sheila, still waiting for a miracle.
arelee_1020@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
  I sent an email previously to Colette that my dog loved carrots and
broccoli stems., she also loves apples, not peeled , but quartered.
I just finished cutting up some melons, honeydew, water and cantaloupe.
Well, as of today, she has added that to her "favorite treats".
In her case I really think that she is such a chow hound that she would eat
almost anything as long as she saw me making the preparations."Solo" goes
into her nicest sit/stay and does not take her eyes off of me or the floor,
waiting for some small tidbit to drop. However she has never shown any
interest in a banana.

Beryl Eshom
Arelee GSD
Davis, CA

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

Sheila of GSDC of Greater Miami
Member GSDCA Mernydex GSD's
Loving Obedience Dog Training

countries) for 2¢/min or less.