[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: stop and think

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 06:43:41 -0700 (PDT)

If nothing else, those who did their very best deserve a break from office.  I
think this year will take much steam out of many.
  sheila
sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  But we will never know the whole truth. Margy and Lew both have stated in
emails, one to the list and one to the membership, that they cannot discuss the
details of the matter.

Yes, Hunte is out, but on his terms, not the club's. I am not pleased that our
directors were willing to be forced into a gag order. I am gagging!!!

Our by laws, which have be reprinted several times here, state clearly that if
we don't vote him in, he is out. Yes, errors were made, and theoretically dealt
with, but I feel strongly that Hunte won on many levels. Public apologies, gag
orders, what else that we don't know about? Remember there is a gag order, for
all we know the next treasury report will have a large chunck of money missing
with only a note that it is in regard to the meeting, but a gag order prevents
the treasurer from full explanation.

Yes, we got Hunte out, or not in. But at what price, and given our rules, how
much did we over pay?
sheila
myjoygs@xxxxxxx wrote:
I agree Sally, we asked to have the Hunte membership be reversed it has been
done, the board has done what the membership asked. No mistake goes without a
consequence and what ever that entails an apology or whatever the main issue
here is that Hunte is not nor will be a member plain and simple. Consequences
if there are any is never fair but the main thing here is the board heard us
and did what was asked. We won! What more do you want from them. Firing of
Joan, evidentally that was not true and look at all the raised emotions those
three words caused on the list and it wasn't true!
Before we go on a feeding frenzy, the facts, the truth must be in hand
otherwise it is wasted negative energy which leads to unworthy attacks. Closed
session I can see why some people would be upset and non trusting but there
could be a viable reason, legal maybe who knows but until we know exactly why,
chill. Unless we walk in the shoes of those on the board no one knows why
things are they way they are. And one more thing, if someone has a problem with
the present board, then run for a position on the board, subject yourself to
the accusations and nastiness of those who don't think you are doing your job.
I am not naive to think that all board members have no hidden agendas but I
believe that a majority if not all have the club and members best interest in
mind.
I for one thank the board members for their hard work, for listening to the
membership and reversing Hunte's membership has asked no matter what it took.

Joyce Willis