[ SHOWGSD-L ] stock dog training

  • From: "A. Hirst" <a_hirst@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 08:52:06 -1100

I agree 100%...thank you!!
Katrina

www.SublimeKennel.com

  Msg: #11 in digest
  From: tsaligsds@xxxxxxxxxxx
  Subject: Re: Stock dog training at risk : Alabama House Bill 86
  Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 15:09:48 +0000

  Sorry guys,
  But I won't defend anyone's right to take a hog, knock out its teeth
  and tusks, many times wire its mouth shut, and then sit around and
  BET on how long it will take a dog to drag it to the ground and rip
  it up.  Not my kind of "sport".  THIS IS NOT TRAINING!  Hog/Dog
  events BEGAN when dog fighting was made illegal.   The same folks who
  fight their dogs are participating and pushing this so called sport.

  My dogs herd.  I don't allow them to destroy stock.  Many dogs lure
  course and have never killed a live rabbit.  THOSE ARE SPORTS.  I
  grew up with hunting dogs in the family.  I'm not opposed to
  legitimate hunting.   I personally have hunted AND fished and eaten
  the game I killed.  It is a part of life and kids need to know where
  meat comes from - not shrink wrapped at the grocery!  However, there
  is no excuse for deliberate pitting of dogs against each other or
  other animals simply so that one can sit at 'ringside' and bet on the
  outcome!

  Just my opinion.

  Suzanne
  www.tsalishepherds.com
  Home of Ch Cookie HT RN TC CGC, Ch Flair, BIS/BISS Ch Yancy HIC HT PT
  RN TC CGC, Ch Flash, Mousser (10 points/1 mjr), and Lil' Miss Gilli!
  Website updated 01/06