[ SHOWGSD-L ] staying & going -not coming and going

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 19:27:13 EDT

In a message dated 5/29/2005 4:14:28 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, PAGAIRS
writes:
Evan, it  states what I sent in the P & P manual.................... so why
do we  need a board parliamentarian??  And just who might that be??  More
importantly, why are you even questioning the ruling? I would not make a
statement if it was in fact not true!

Like all rules, often they can be read different ways, or taken out of
context. This seems quite straightforward, but I have not read the full
section,  I
will when I go into the office tomorrow. I am bothered if both Debbie and
Sharon have it wrong, and would wonder why that would be.  This should be
outlined in the by-laws, not the P&P Manual, but I have no way to know if it
is at
this time.

Also, I served as the board parliamentarian when I was on the board, and
often after I left was called for a legal interpretation of the rules and
regulations.  I guess from Gary's post that the club no longer has a
parliamentarian.  Who rules if there is a disagreement as to  procedure?

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together