[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: staying for group

  • From: margaret lassh <gsdladync@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx, gsd list <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 08:52:43 -0700 (PDT)

I think that it is a shame that more people do not stay for groups.  If you won
the breed you should be proud and go on to show everyone else your dog.  I have
never missed a group no matter if I thought I could win or not.  I do remember
one group when I was showing a Vet. dog.  It was the Lompoc show in California.
 Mr Raine was the judge.  I had won the breed and my dog loved to show so on to
group we go.  I just knew that I was not even going to get a look see but D
loved to show and we were having fun.  Well at the end when it came time to
pull out what he liked he did what I thought He would and pulled all the top
handlers out front.  Oh well I thought We had a good time and I was patting my
dog.  When out of know where the judge came up to me and the person be hind me
and told us to take out dogs out the the end of the line.  He put me up front
and There I stayed.  I won the group with a (I think he was either 8 or 9) Vet.
dog.  What a suprize that was to me.  Now if
 I had thought the way other do at times " Whats the use"  I would not have had
that wonderful thing happen.  I will never forget the looks on everyones faces
when it happened either.  I was well worth the long date and long drive that
night to the next show.

  Margaret Lash
  Deville louisiana

Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  It is an unwritten rule....biggest movers in the front of the line. and
what group are you thinking of where the biggest mover is not in front?
In sporting, the first dog in line should be either the Irish Setter
or the Pointer........GSDs in Herding, and the Airedale in Terriers,,,I
have to admit I can't think who goes first in the other groups-- and the
Peke is always last in the Toy Group because Pekes aren't able to walk.
I've known a couple of Pem Corgis who could be near the front
of the line with ease, but they are always last...even behind the
Cardigans, which should not be, but is.
peggy

grnram415@xxxxxxx wrote:

>Evan,
>

>I have always wondered that too. I figured the order is by size and speed of
>movement. But, when I look at the total orders of all the Groups, that isn't
>really always so. Ok, the Peke always goes last, like the GSD always goes
>first. But, who determined the order? Is it just an unwritten law? What
>happens when new Breeds come in. Is there a focus group that determines the
>order? Such mysteries in the dog show world :-)

Get the free Yahoo! toolbar and rest assured with the added security of spyware
protection.