[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: staying for group

  • From: grnram415@xxxxxxx
  • To: SHOWGSD@xxxxxxx, dir@xxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2007 03:32:49 -0400

And, since the GSD is one of the most popular Breeds, people expect to see that
GSD in the Group.  The first time I was in Group with a GSD was with my
Maggie.  I was terrified.  I had been in the Group before with Labs, but they
aren't the LEAD dog.  I was up against the top Old English and Aussie as well
as some very prominent handlers.  Yikes!  I knew we didn't have a chance.
But, I was so glad I stayed.  The GSD will always get cheers.  It was a great
feeling to have the support of the crowd.  The Judge did give her a second
look but we didn't make the cut.  Then again, the Judge may have been
wondering who is this idiot handler with the GSD, LOL!
Stay for Group, absolutely.  Plus, I think it is a disservice to the Judge
that put your dog up not to stay.  JMHO.

Laura Thomas