[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: staying for group

  • From: Elsyd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 01:11:20 EDT

Sounds just like my experiences, but then I wake up.  Syd

In a message dated 6/2/2007 8:56:55 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
ELG440@xxxxxxx writes:

In a  message dated 6/2/2007 7:44:53 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Stormy435@xxxxxxx writes:
I think  it's an obligation that we  accept when we enter
our GSD.

I was thinking  about this topic since my last post. Maybe it is  because I
am
watching PBS and they are doing the tribute to do-wop, and The Kind   of Earl
was just on. But, I started to relive the feeling of being in  a  group.

The soft wind on your face as you went around, the sound  of a crowd
cheering, and knowing it isn't just your friends. The  sight of so many other
 winning
dogs, and the pride of knowing you  are representing the best breed in  the
AKC
to people who may not  have ever seen a good German shepherd. The twinkle
you
often see in  the eye of the judge, and the rolling of eyes when your dog
might  not stack like a stature, but rather jumps up to lick your face. Or,
when
the judge comes down the line, and your dog starts to wag his  tail when he
knows  the judge is looking at him.  At times like  that, when a small grin
comes
from the judge, or the smile when you  are picked in group.  The pride and
pounding heart when you  walk to the inner line to stack with the picks. The
last
time around  before the winers are choosen, and the floating over the ground
as   you know that the rest of the group is standing watching you and the few

that  are being picked.  The silience as you stop and stack your  dog, and
the
private feeling you have with your dog, when nothing  else exists for just a
minute, in that ring. The tension as the  judge walks back down the line, and

then back to the front, and  knowing that you are being examined yet again.

SYD  MAILBERG
_WWW.KINGSWOODGERMANSHEPHERDS.HOMESTEAD.COM_
(http://www.kingswoodgermanshepherds.homestead.com/)

"A  dog is a dog except when he is facing you. Then he is Mr. Dog." - Haitian
Farmer