[ SHOWGSD-L ] start times etc for Ft Lauderdale/Miami

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: the list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 10:13:48 -0800 (PST)

Now for some details.  Please, if you know someone who is not on this list or
does not read it much, be sure they get this!!!!

  We are starting judging on Friday and Sunday at 9 am.  Saturday, with 2
shows, we are planning to start at 8:30.

  Our park, Easterlin Park, 1000 SW 38th Street, Ft Lauderdale, opens at 8 am.
so we cannot start any sooner than 8:30, but we want to get going as soon as we
can, we have big entries to get through, thank you all who entered.

  On Friday lunch will be available at a price, not certain yet, but likely
under 10 per person, and it will include sandwich, drink, and chips, and
probably a cookie or brownie.  This will also be the situation for Sunday.

  On Saturday, since this is the hardest day of the weekend, we are going to
give you lunch.  This is a gift from Ft Lauderdale, with Miami's help and
people.  We know how much effort it takes to show in 2 shows in one day, so we
want to be sure everyone can eat.

  Now, from the Red Roof Inn, where many are staying, take Powerline Rd south
to NW 38th Street, make a right.  Park is on the left after the railroad tracks.

  From I 95, take the Oakland Park Blvd exit East.  Make a left on Powerline
Rd, aka, NW 9th Ave, and make a left at the next light, NW 38th St.

  From I-75, take Oakland Park Blvd east, about 10 miles to Powerline Drive, it
is the first intersection after I95.

  And for the record, I have my cell on and with me at all times, 305-772-3647.
 Feel free to call me at any point after 6 am on the days of the shows to ask
me anything.  I am here to help.

  This will be a great weekend.  If the weather now is an idication, it will be
cooler than Orlando was, but not cold at all.  We are gonna have a great

  sheila