[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: sperm count

  • From: Erynbrook@xxxxxxx
  • To: EHomesG@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 14:36:06 EDT

Was there a teaser bitch present when the dog was collected? Dogs are
capable of withholding sperm, something I never knew until I had a stud dog.
Perhaps it is a survival of the species kind of thing, but it is not unheard
of  for a dog who is not about to breed (or think he is about to with the
presence  of a bitch in heat) for the dog to release semen but no sperm.

Susan Casey
Erynbrook German Shepherds
Front Range German  Shepherd Rescue
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength  of the Wolf is
the Pack." -- Rudyard Kipling

In a message dated 7/4/2009 9:58:18 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,
EHomesG@xxxxxxx writes:

This is  an Aussie question that I hope to help someone with.  A friend
has
a 3 year old male that had a sperm count check at one year old and  was
fine.  This dog is now 3 and there is no sperm in the semen  even though
there
is plenty of semen.

Does anyone know what  could cause this or if there is any chance of
reversal?

Thanks,

Angela
**************A Good  Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2
easy
steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221323013x1201367230/aol?redir=htt
p://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=
JulystepsfooterNO62)

POST  is Copyrighted 2008.  All material remains the property of the

VISIT OUR  WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org